Terms and Conditions of Sale of the NO HANDS Massage Company Ltd trading as The Gerry Pyves Academy for Psycho-Tactile Therapies (referred to below as “the Company”)
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions of sale for any of our courses or products please contact us on 01524 415345 (International +441524 415345) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the terms and conditions below carefully BEFORE making a purchase.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its officers, employees and agents from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your use of any online content, services or your breach of the terms of these Terms and Conditions.
The copyright of all materials (where that copyright lies with the Company, Gerry Pyves or with other persons) must always be observed. Such materials may not be reproduced whether in whole or part by any method whatsoever without prior written permission from the appropriate persons.
We accept payment by credit or debit cards, Paypal, cash and direct bank transfer.
If you are shopping from outside of the UK, place your order and your banking provider will convert the transaction to your own currency.
For any recurring subscriptions for online products, you are committed only to month-by-month payments and can end these at any time unless explicitly stated on the product purchase page. If you need assistance in cancelling a subscription please contact us at least 5 days prior to your subscription renewal date. We need this time to ensure the cancellation can be administered in time. Payments received by the Company when a cancellation request is received less than 5 days prior to the payment date cannot be refunded.
Where an administration fee is referenced in these Terms and Conditions this fee is £30 inclusive of VAT except in relation to courses where the administration fee is laid out in the COURSES section.
Restricted purchase products and courses
All products and courses (online or face to face) which have purchasing restrictions associated with them clearly state this in the product description. When we receive your order, we will check to see if you are eligible to purchase the items or to receive any discount you have claimed. If you are not we will cancel your order and refund any card payments we have received, minus an administration fee of £30 (including VAT where applicable).
Disputes and complaints
Any concerns you have in relation to an order should be raised with the Company office as soon as possible. Wherever possible we will seek a mutually acceptable resolution. All disputes which cannot be resolved through direct communication are subject to consideration under UK law.
Where applicable, the postage charged is for standard delivery to a UK address. Orders will be dispatched within 28 days of the order being placed. If delivery is required outside the UK or under special delivery arrangements please contact the office to arrange this. Orders made for delivery outside the UK will not be processed until suitable payment has been made for delivery.
If you are downloading one of our FREE ebooks and fail to give your correct address and contact details, then you will invalidate the copyright permission and therefore be subject to legal prosecution. This copyright allows you to download them for your own personal use but NOT for re-sale or for their use by any third party unless otherwise stated in writing by the author, Gerry Pyves.
Product order cancellation
Should you wish to cancel a physical product order you must contact the office immediately. Any order that has already been shipped cannot be cancelled. If you are not satisfied with your product you can return it to us within 30 days in its original condition for a refund (subject to an administration fee). Any order which has not been shipped can be cancelled subject to an administration fee.
Disabilities, Religious and Special Needs Delegates
Delegates with a disability or other special needs must provide the Company or the relevant licensed instructor(s) with full details of their disability and requirements at the time of booking. Confirmation of the arrangements agreed with the delegate will be sent to the delegate in advance of the course.
The Company and its licensed instructors reserves the right, at least 20 working days prior to the course date, to request reasonable medical evidence, not more than 12 months old, and / or other suitable evidence in support of any application which should outline any disability, set out the reasonable adjustments that will be required. In the case of accidental injuries or acute illness, or if a delegate’s disability is diagnosed after booking, the delegate must contact the Company or the relevant licensed instructor as soon as possible after the illness or injury occurs.
The Company and its licensed instructors will ensure, where possible, that the necessary arrangements to deal with a delegate’s special needs are put in place. However, there may be occasions where such needs cannot be met due to time, venue, financial and or other constraints outside of the Company’s or its licensed instructor’s control.
The Company and its licensed instructors reserve the right to cancel or refuse a delegate’s attendance at a course where, in the Company’s opinion, insufficient notice has been given to make the reasonable adjustments required.
Delegates with specific religious requirements should notify the Company or the relevant licensed instructor(s). The Company will make reasonable efforts to meet a delegate’s needs. However, there may be occasions where such needs cannot be met due to time, venue, financial and / or other constraints outside of the Company’s control.
Payment in full is required on booking for all courses unless otherwise advertised or agreed otherwise. Once a booking has been confirmed you may only cancel in accordance with the Transfers and Cancellations policies below.
The Company will endeavour to run courses but in the unlikely event of a cancellation by the Company itself, delegates will be notified in advance and offered new dates. Alternatively delegates can request a refund of course fees.
The exception to this is when a course has to be cancelled due to safety and / or legal public health issues (including but not limited to the Covid-19 pandemic). When a course has to be cancelled due to circumstances beyond the Company’s control, delegates will be offered a transfer of fees to alternative training. No refund will be possible.
The Company accepts no liability for any costs incurred by delegates from such cancellations other than the course fee.
The Company reserves the right to vary or cancel any course where the occasion necessitates and reserves the right to change speaker, course materials and venue. Prices may be subject to change.
Although great professional care and attention go into all Company courses and content is believed correct, the Company does not warrant or promise in any manner that action taken by the delegate based on course content or otherwise will achieve any result or consequence or avoid the same. The Company will not be held responsible for any losses or consequences arising from reliance on material provided in its courses nor where any person acts in reliance on the same or views expressed at any course.
After an initial 14 day cooling off period, any fees paid for courses booked are subject to the following cancellation policy:
Where a discounted fee has been paid: fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Where the full course fee has been paid: if cancelled more than 28 days prior to the start date of the course fees can be refunded in full subject to the non-refundable and non-transferrable deposit portion (see below). Any fees paid for a course cancelled less than 28 days before the course start date are non refundable and non transferrable.
Table of non-refundable and non-transferrable deposits
Non-refundable and non-transferrable deposit
|Courses up to 3 days long||£60.00|
|Courses of 4 days or more||£120.00|
Transfers can be made up to 28 days prior to a course subject to an administration fee.
Attendance on any course is subject to acceptance of the following conditions:
- Delegates are properly qualified and insured as per any course pre-requisites and agree to provide copies of certification, on request
- Prior to the start of each course, delegates will provide details of any medication, medical condition or medical treatment that you are receiving, which could affect your ability to participate fully and safely on these courses.
- Where relevant, successful certification on the course is on the basis of merit and the course tutor’s evaluation is final.
- Delegates agree to comply with course protocols as detailed both in pre-course correspondence and during the course by the course tutor(s). Non-compliance may result in the delegate being removed from the course without refund.
- The course tutors have the right to exclude from all courses any student whose behaviour they deem to be inappropriate or disruptive to the course without refund.
- Delegates’ use of any of the material taught must be governed by the normal contraindications for the therapy (usually, but not limited to, Massage) and observance of all national and local laws and regulations. As neither the Company or the course instructor has been engaged in any supervisory contract for delegates’ clinical work they can accept no liability for delegates’ treatment of individual clients in their professional practice. The material taught is purely generic and does not constitute specific advice on how delegates should treat individual clients.
- All the concepts taught and contained in the course documentation or any written or digital/electronic materials are copyright to Gerry Pyves and the Company and their use is restricted specifically to delegates’ personal or clinical work with clients. The use of any use of these concepts, ideas or materials in any other activities (for example, training) without the express written permission of Gerry Pyves constitutes a breach of these terms and conditions and may result in legal action. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this agreement shall be construed as a licence or sub-licence of any intellectual property rights by the Company or Gerry Pyves.
- Only individuals licensed by the Company may teach the material presented at these courses. To confirm that your instructor holds a valid instructor certificate contact the office.
- Any audio or visual recording taken by or on behalf of the Company during any course belongs entirely to the Company and may be used by the Company for promotions relating to relevant courses.
- Delegates’ personal contact information may be used by in accordance with local data laws to keep delegates informed of all matters related to their training until such a time as the delegate requests to be removed from any further contact.
If you have any concerns or queries relating to these purchase terms and conditions please contact us prior to making any payments.
NO HANDS® Massage Trademark
Attending one or more of our Massage courses does not licence you to use the NO HANDS® Massage registered Trademark. Usage of the NO HANDS® Massage Trademark and associated promotional materials is limited to current members of the NO HANDS Massage Association who have completed the NO HANDS PRACTITIONER level training. Contact us for more information on joining the Association.